Thursday 26 February 2009

Selective Views

My view of a city is different to yours. This city was sad.

I have come from a different place
....................with a different background,
......................................a different viewpoint
.............................................and possibly a different agenda.




What was my agenda?

Could I have arrived with the idea of showing 'Vibrant and colourful Xxxxxx 'or 'New Xxxxxx 'instead of 'Depressing Xxxxxx with its poverty, oppression, dilapidation and fear'?

The factory, the street, and the canal were not the sum total of Xxxxxx, so is it fair only to have these representing it.?

In presenting these images am I pushing my emotions on you?



Where does nostalgia come in (these are not current images) to take over from my selective documentary?

2 comments:

  1. important questions to ask. I've often wanted to do two views of the same scene, processed with radically different tone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pearl

    I agree but am not necessarily going to obtain answers.

    Yoiur idea would have an interesting set of juxtapositions. I have see 'revisited' imnages put together so why not alternate?

    ReplyDelete